As soon as you wake up, your body needs nutrients to kick start the day the right way. It has just spent many hours without anything so you need to hydrate your body and provide it with balanced nutrition, including protein. A healthy breakfast will get your metabolism in gear and help you avoid unhealthy mid-morning snacks or ones later in the day.
Problems of modern breakfasts:
Carb based Breakfasts:
Common breakfast choices include coffee with a muffin or toast with jam.
These choices are full of simple carbohydrates and when digested, immediately turn to sugar. By raising sugar levels you force your body to overcompensate.
Your body does this by removing extra sugar and turning it into fat. As a result, sugar levels drop and this leaves you feeling hungry and weak as your brain lacks sugar.
This is why you get mid-morning cravings, and want to eat more carbs. This cycle can repeat itself through the day.
Skipping breakfast means your body has to draw on reserves of nutrients and water that will have depleted overnight.
In this situation you are not giving your body anything;
blood sugar levels drop and you begin to feel hungry.
As a result you look for simple carbohydrates (chocolate, coffee with sugar, cookies etc) for energy and to raise your blood sugar level.
By not giving your body any nutrients the same
cycle repeats throughout the day – opting to reach for simple carbohydrate options.
Consuming excess carbohydrates makes your body work at constant overload. An unhealthy breakfast is therefore a key contributor to a number of health issues and extra weight
What makes a healthy breakfast?
A breakfast that is balanced and protein based
Breakfasts with the right nutritional mix release energy slowly, keep you fuller for longer and help you control your weight by limiting your need for snacks.
A healthy breakfast provides the body with key nutrients and energy without increasing blood sugar levels.
It helps to avoid a dependence on simple carbohydrates.
The result is your appetite stays under control, you don’t crave carbohydrates and your body uses its own stored
fats for energy.
|Importance of a Healthy Breakfast
|Reasons not to skip breakfast
||An ideal breakfast
- Breakfast accelerates the body’s metabolism.
- Breakfast sets the day’s mood and helps to
- Breakfast helps with weight management.
- Breakfast supplies vital nutrients.
- Eating breakfast helps to control your appetite during the day.
- Supplies all the vital nutrients.
- Provides energy.
- Includes water.
The Herbalife Healthy Breakfast
1. Formula 1 shake - packed with all the nutrition your body needs. A tasty F1 smoothie can be whipped up in a matter of seconds and a plant based protein with plant-based carbohydrates to
help you stay fuller for longer.
2. Instant Herbal Beverage - with tea extracts plus natural caffeine powder from tea, which can help you feel more energised and aid your concentration and alertness
3. Herbal Aloe Concentrate - contains 40% Aloe Vera gel derived from the Aloe Vera leaf; to help you stay hydrated throughout the day.
How do I get started?
To get started with the Healthy Breakfast programme for general Wellness you need the following products: Formula 1 Nutritional Shake Mix, Instant Herbal Beverage and Herbal Aloe Concentrate products.
Summary of the Breakfast Programme.
Need To Lose Weight?
How To Make A Breakfast Smoothie?
Recipes for Breakfast
BBC Programme- "10 Things You Need To Know About Losing Weight"
Have You Had Your Shake Today?